Thursday, January 13, 2011

Meet Baji!!


Well. The term wiggle butt- one I used to assign to most dogs- has taken on a whole new meaning with the arrival of Baji, our little house guest. She wiggles, and not just a little, this dog has almost no motion besides walking and wiggling. It's pretty funny, actually. She wants her butt scratched so bad that when she greets you, her body is bent in half, she literally greets you with both her face and her butt. While wiggling.

This is Kelly's friend Dana's dog. She is in Thailand for a bit, we have Baji through the end of the month, at least. Originally, when we were going to get this little dog, she was thought to be pregnant and had to stay in Eugene with Dana's mom. They found out late last week that she was not actually pregnant and we got the call to come get her. So Kelly did. And that's the story.  Kelly and I have been thinking recently about adding a dog to our household, in various forms, for various reasons. Now we have one and actually have the opportunity to see what it's all about. It's been a cake walk, for sure, this is a middle aged, maybe 6?, dog, raised by a serious dog trainer mom. She is so incredibly well behaved, it's almost concerning. I wonder sometimes if there are things she wants or needs that she is just not going to ask for. Not that we would know what she wants, but whatever. It's great. One of the things I was most amazed by- this dog heels. Having never really encountered this in a dog on a leash, I was amused, to say the least. She walks beside my feet, with slack in the leash, keeping perfect pace with me. I played around with this a bit on our first walk, speeding up a lot and then slowing down to see if she would stick with me and she did. It was kinda funny.






 She came with a big bag of goodies, the most awesome of which are these toys here in the picture, a bone the size and weight of the dog and a burlap ring of sorts, large enough to go around her neck ( I know it doesn't look like it in this picture but it is- one of my favorite games early on was to put it around her neck and laugh while she tried to get it off! Ok, that sounds mean in type but it wasn't, I swear.) Yesterday morning, while unpacking all the ziplocks of dog food- there were several- I found a little ball in the bottom of the bag. Oh, so much fun! Finally, a game we both liked! We played ball all day, all night, and all day today, I throw the ball, she gets it, chews on it a bit on the rug and then brings it when I ask for it. Seriously, there is no way her mom lets her do this because the ball has not lasted two days- it's pretty much gone.
Ball, in pieces.


This is the largest remaining piece of the ball and as I type this, we are playing fetch with it. As long as she's happy, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment