Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hawthorne Drum Circle

On Sunday night I was invited to go to a drum circle that gathered under the Hawthorne bridge. Sounded crazy to me, under the bridge in the middle of the night, but I was told photographing would be ok so I went for it. I got off work about eleven thirty and headed down. It was on the east side of the river, my side, under the bridge pretty close to OMSI. I was worried about finding it in the dark, parking and walking down by myself but it was super easy to locate, had an adjacent parking lot, and was really well lit, more like a plaza than what you would normally picture as " under the bridge". I parked next to a police car and was greeted by a friendly policeman as I gathered my camera and equipment. Good sign.
















It was a pretty awesome thing to witness, although the pictures didn't turn out as well as i'd hoped. They really look better larger, the people are all ghosty and the shadows are pretty nice. The music was amazing, the drummers feed off of each other and came up with some great beats. I may try to go earlier next time, when there are more people gathered.

1 comment:

  1. It's every Sunday, rain or shine :)
    We are all peaceful people.
    You are welcomed! Come anytime!
    Love and blessings

    ReplyDelete