Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Plant Washing 101

So, we've got a bit of a bug problem, tea plant and I.


It's been slowly getting worse and worse. After a month of using all my metal capacity to try to solve the problem telepathically, I took my plant guru's advice ( Tonia) and looked it up on the internet. Well, her first advice was to water it  more because apparently plants get bugs when they are under stress, but that proved to be difficult for  me. I am not a good plant waterer. I try. So, the internet had lots of strange suggestions, none of them specific to indoor tea plants in north america, but I felt they would be relevant still. All sorts of recipes for sprays and such, none of which I had all of the ingredients for on hand and, well, it's raining. The most commonly stated cure, however, was to take the hose and just blast them off. So, that's what I did. 




It pretty much sucked spraying a million little bugs off of a million little buds and leaves but I did it. Yup. Plant gets bugs, wash it. Update to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment