Thursday, July 28, 2011

And now... on to our next adventure!

So, as i'm sure many of you have already gathered in one way or another, I have officially been granted residency at PSU beginning fall quarter of this year. As you also know, my plan prior to this was to take year off to gain oregon residency before beginning at PSU next fall. This changes a number of things in my life right now. First, of course, is my fabulous brand new job that has been so exciting in the last month and a half or so. I am very lucky to be working for a company that is going to be flexible with my new schedule and is granting me part time, as a substitute teacher in all of their 6 schools. This is going to be great for me while going to school- have some money and also be able to continue racking up much needed experience points in my field of education. Theoretically. The second change is not so much of a change- it is going back to school, the same school i was going to last year, clackamas. This is the most confusing part for me to explain to people; my getting residency doesn't mean that i'm going to psu immediately, all it really means for me right now is that i don't have to take a year off. So.... i am registered for a full load of prerequisites for my bachelors degree at the less expensive community college. My plan is to begin taking psu classes either this winter or spring. Lucky for me, the community college offers a co-admission plan with the university so i can continue to take what i can for cheap while beginning the major classes that can only be taken at psu. Does it sound like i've explained that enough times to have it down pat? Well i have. Now on to more lighthearted topics, first of which is- why on earth did i just say" have it down pat"? Where did that saying come from?

And now for some random pictures.


My lovely roommate Dosia 

She is 4 days less pregnant than Shannon!

Anthony and Dosia, relaxing after their baby shower


We went to see Trek in the Park. Yup, just like it sounds.

My strawberries are doing great and i have been harvesting carrots for a few weeks now. One at a time

The first half of the wood burning oven Ben is building in his backyard.
 This is the fire pit, the oven dome part
 will be next to and slightly overlapping this part. 

Ben's first pepper!


No comments:

Post a Comment